The Hosokawa Micron Denspack™ is a densification rotary valve based on proven rotary airlock technology and has been designed for the continuous de-aeration of powders. Applications include the densification of solids in a variety of industries and low-cost improvements to material packing efficiency as well as maximization of container volumes where space is a concern.
The design of the Denspack™ maintains a continuous and stable de-aeration process. It uses gravity and the aid of a vacuum to pull the powder into the rotor base which is made of a sintered metal filter and 6 separate pockets. A vacuum is created in the pockets in the charging position to remove any air from the product. The product in the pocket in discharge position is released with a small amount of air or an inert gas pulse, which prevents the metal filter from clogging.
The Denspack™ can de-aerate and increase the density of a wide variety of products dependent on the product’s characteristics, texture and particle size. The Denspack™ rotary valve is available with a capacity up to 25 m³/h.
- Effective product densification
- Saves on storage and transportation costs
- Reduces the number of containers or big-bags required
- Increases dry granulation efficiency
- Low-cost solution for numerous aerated powder problems
- Reduces dust leakage
- Capable of dealing with difficult and adhesive materials
- Works well as prime feeder in filling systems
- Easy installation, operation and cleaning
Most industries will utilize the Denspack™ for reducing shipping and packaging costs. However in the case of volume dependent production, like extrusion and batch processes, it is beneficial to increase material density within a production process.
- Cellulose and celluloid
- Color Mixtures
- Dried Fruits
- Fish Meal
- Soy Protein
- Zinc oxide
- Zinc Oxide